Skip to main content

Coffee Series #3: Guest Post: Brett Knapp's Butta Coffee

It's the latest coffee craze! Adding butter to your coffee is the new, kind of controversial, hot trend, and is supposed to have amazing benefits, not least of which is a huge boost in energy above and beyond what simple coffee on its own can do. Personally, I was skeptical at first, but then my sister was like, "Dude, this stuff is legit" (because that's how she talks all the time), and so instead of trying it myself, I drafted her to tell us all about adding butter to coffee. So here it is! My sister, Brett Knapp, ladies and gentlemen...


For those of you who know me, I can barely form a sentence until I’ve had my morning coffee. When asked how I like my coffee, I respond with “BeyoncĆ© colored” (I believe if I drink BeyoncĆ© coffee I can channel her throughout the day), which basically means a bunch of Coffeemate. I have always wanted to cut back on the creamer in order to be healthier, but couldn’t quite bring myself to enjoy the taste of black coffee.

A few weeks ago, I saw a post on a personal trainer’s Instagram about “Butta Coffee” and it piqued my interest. In her post she showed a delicious looking cup of creamy, beige coffee that also has health benefits. So, I researched it more before deciding to give it a try myself and the results have been amazing! Many of you may be wondering how adding fat to your coffee could ever be healthy? Well, you need fat with your meals in order to keep your energy up and metabolism moving. That doesn’t mean you should add bacon to every meal… the point is to add good fat. Since drinking butta coffee, I have noticed a huge difference in my energy throughout the day and a jump in my metabolism. It’s a little bit more work in the mornings, but definitely worth it. Below I will show you how I make my own Butta Coffee.
Needed Ingredients

Ingredients:

·         Grass fed butter
·         Coconut Oil
·         1% or Skim milk
·         Vanilla extract
·         Black coffee


Step 1:
Brew a pot of coffee. I’m a big fan of the Pike Place coffee from Starbuck’s because it’s strong, but not bitter. I brew about 5 cups formyself because I like to drink 2 cups of coffee in the mornings.


Step 2:
Put the coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract, and milk in a blender.  I do 1 tablespoon of the oil, butter, and vanilla and then 2 tablespoons of milk because I like it a little creamier. You can create your own ratio after making it a couple of times.  I use the Lucerne butter, but you can use any brand you like as long as it says on the front that it is from cows not treated with growth hormones and/or there are no GMOs. Horizon is also a good brand, but a little pricier.

Step 3:
Add your brewed coffee to the mixture in the blender. I add the majority of the pot, so I can just mix it all together at once. It will look a little weird before you blend it because the oil floats to the top. Ignore this.
Step 4:
That's the face of a butter-jolt! 
Use the ‘whip’ setting on low to mix the ingredients together and make it frothy. Make sure you hold on to the lid very tightly, as it will put a lot of pressure on the lid and you don’t want hot coffee exploding all over your kitchen.

Step 5:
Your coffee should look like this after the blending. Pour into a cup and enjoy! 







Comments

  1. Actually Coffee is very healthy. Coffee can help people feel less tired and increase energy levels. When you drink coffee, After that the caffeine is bleeding into the bloodstream. From there, it goes into the brain.Coffee Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ball pens are still extremely popular, despite the advent of computer technology. They can be used for a number of different purposes, such as to make lists, fill out important documents, and write notes and cards for loved ones.campo marzio pens

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Monday (Insert Clever, Alliterative Title Here)

There are a lot of issues concerning the rights of women and children being debated both locally and nationally right now. I find myself very strongly on one side of that argument, but that is not what I am here to discuss. At least, not specifically. In order to complete my master's degree in English, I am taking a class in Victorian literature. For the last few weeks in that class, we have been studying Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and my world has been completely changed. In most classes, when you study EBB, you study her Sonnets to the Portuguese, or, as I think of them, "How much I love my husband". They are very romantic and extremely well-written, but reading her other, less universally acknowledged works has been an eye-opening experience for me. I have just read Aurora Leigh . For those of you who are completely unfamiliar with this work, let me give a brief overview. Aurora Leigh is a young woman recently returned to England after the death of her father. I say r

Zumba Night!

Okay, so, I haven't updated my blog about my weight loss every Tuesday night like I planned. But I am proud to report that not only have I continued to go to the gym at least thrice a week, I even convinced N to join it with me! The exercise thing is going a lot better. Today I even looked at myself in the mirror while I was zumba-ing! I don't think that I will ever be the kind of person who loves, loves, loves going to the gym, it does feel kind of good, kind of virtuous to get all sweaty and be able to tweet, "I am at the gym doing zumba!" For those of you who don't know, Zumba is the new fitness craze. I guess if you were to totally simplify things you would call it a type of aerobic class, but it is really so non-aerobic-y. There is not a lot of pumping, or jumping. It is 100% dancing. A little bit of salsa, a little bit of hip-hop, and tonight, even a little bit of ballet. It gets the heart rate waaaay up, and I always end up drenched in sweat, and best of

Juice Fast: DayThree

The scale told me this morning that I have lost seven pounds. I also woke up this morning with a massive headache: the kind of headache that only massive amounts of water, a few hours extra sleep, and a good dose of extra-strength Advil could cure. So, ups and downs.  The hardest part of this whole thing continues to be eating at all. When I think about having to juice fruits and vegetables, I decided to just skip the whole thing because the idea of drinking another meal is so desperately unappealing. Norris is very against this. I think eventually he is going to pinch my nose and pour juice down my throat to make sure that I am consuming an appropriate amount of calories to keep my system running. I think I am getting better at the actual juicing part though. Tonight for dinner I made a juice containing kiwis, apples, celery, kale, lemon, ginger, and cucumber. It is totally green, but definitely the best tasting vegetable based juice that I have made so far. I think it will defini