Skip to main content

Juice Fast: Day Four

Another headache this morning. Right behind my left eye. I am also having a devil of a time concentrating on work. I keep staring off into space and am having trouble thinking clearly. I am not sure I could say my own name properly.

I looked up online how long it takes to detox from caffeine, and the results were not encouraging. Apparently these headaches can persist for several weeks if said caffeine-giver-upper goes cold turkey. I thought that the influx of supernutrients entering my body would negate the effects of caffeine withdrawal, but it seems that instead my symptoms are magnified--compounded by the fact that I am also consuming remarkably less food, fat, and sugar than normal. This pain makes me want to sleep rather than eat. Which makes me hungry. Which makes me grouchy and in even more pain. It seems simpler, most of the time, to just eat and feel better.

I keep waiting and waiting to feel some sort of good feeling seeping in, but the only thing I have noticed so far is that my morning breath is marginally less potent. That being said, all the juice makes my teeth feel fuzzy.

Also, (I am going to share this because I feel it is pertinent to gauging my health) I thought (based on testimonials) that I would be, well, seriously expelling waste from my body throughout this process. But in truth, I have not gone to the bathroom for a full four days. The last time I had a poo was the last time I ate solid food. And that can't be right, can it? Am I just not consuming enough material? Is my body just absorbing everything I take in? Or did I start with just a naturally clean colon?

Either way, it feels weird. It just doesn't feel right. Everything about my body feels off right now, which is the exact opposite of what I expected it to be feeling like. Tomorrow's the hump, so we will see if things take a turn for the better by then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner(s)!

Did you know that you can buy an entire chicken at the grocery story for less than $6? Well, you can. And if you are willing to put up with a little home butchering, it can make enough food to last you almost a week. I bought a chicken last weekend for our Sunday meal, and used the last of it just yesterday. This is a huge help when you are trying to mitigate the expensive cost of meat in your grocery budget. First, it needs a little work. I roasted the chicken for our weekend dinner, and I always butterfly it because it cooks faster that way. I'm not going to sugarcoat it--butterflying a chicken is kind of gross. Really gross, actually. But if you can overcome your squeamishness, it cooks great. There are a lot of great tutorials for doing this on YouTube, but here is how I did it.  Step 1: Remove the giblets (the heart, neck, and gizzard). This is disgusting because you must reach into a dead animal and pull out its organs. But once they are out, you can throw them away, ...

Zumba Night!

Okay, so, I haven't updated my blog about my weight loss every Tuesday night like I planned. But I am proud to report that not only have I continued to go to the gym at least thrice a week, I even convinced N to join it with me! The exercise thing is going a lot better. Today I even looked at myself in the mirror while I was zumba-ing! I don't think that I will ever be the kind of person who loves, loves, loves going to the gym, it does feel kind of good, kind of virtuous to get all sweaty and be able to tweet, "I am at the gym doing zumba!" For those of you who don't know, Zumba is the new fitness craze. I guess if you were to totally simplify things you would call it a type of aerobic class, but it is really so non-aerobic-y. There is not a lot of pumping, or jumping. It is 100% dancing. A little bit of salsa, a little bit of hip-hop, and tonight, even a little bit of ballet. It gets the heart rate waaaay up, and I always end up drenched in sweat, and best of ...

Drugstore Diva: What My Face is Wearing These Days plus my First Ever Giveaway!

First, My BB Cream Story. I am not sure if you are aware, but there is a new beauty product flooding the market right now. It is called BB Cream, and no, I do not have any idea what the Bs stand for. It is a cross between foundation and moisturizer--one step up from tinted lotion and one step below actual makeup. In short, this is a product tailor made for people with sensitive skin, a lax beauty routine, or both. I decided to try it immediately upon discovering that such a product existed, but decided that I did not want to spend a lot of money. So I picked up the L'Oreal BB Cream. L'Oreal makeup has rarely disappointed me. It is usually my favorite drugstore brand, but this time, they really let me down. The cream was not very creamy at all. It came out of the tube as a white liquid, requiring me to rub it between my fingers for application. This got more product on my fingers than my face. Once applied, it became almost powdery, leaving me feeling less than moisturized, and...