Skip to main content

English Muffins

My husband and I love English muffins. This is a deep and abiding love. A love that borders on obsession. A lot of times, on days when I am not at home, my male counterpart will consume nearly an entire package of muffins.

They are delicious. The sourness of the dough. The crunch of the toastiness. The way the little nooks and crannies catch whatever spread is placed upon it.



They are frequently used to make homemade Egg McMuffins. In fact, I plan on devoting a post to those homemade Egg McMuffins quite soon. They are that good.

But usually, the English muffins are topped with nothing but plain ol' butter.

But there isn't anything plain about this butter. It's Land O'Lakes* Whipped Butter. Salted of course. To my mind, there is no point to butter unless it is salted. If you use unsalted butter, you are cheating yourself out of real butter flavor.

Land O'Lakes understands this, and they provide glorious, whipped, salted butter in a convenient tub for me to spread on my English muffins.

Eat English muffins.

Use salted butter.


*Also, know that when you buy Land O'Lakes, you are supporting an agricultural co-op. Yes, it is one of the largest in the country, and yes the owners make a lot of money, but what it really means is that everyone involved in the process of making this butter has a stake in the company, and that is something you should support. Also, their butter is delicious.

**Land O'Lakes doesn't pay me to talk about their butter or anything. I just wanted everyone to know how much I love it.

Comments

  1. Though now I think they're good when properly prepared I used to hate English muffins. It was because a daycare I used to go to would give them to us at snack-time, untoasted, with nothing on them. What kid wants tough, sour bread for a snack??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner(s)!

Did you know that you can buy an entire chicken at the grocery story for less than $6? Well, you can. And if you are willing to put up with a little home butchering, it can make enough food to last you almost a week. I bought a chicken last weekend for our Sunday meal, and used the last of it just yesterday. This is a huge help when you are trying to mitigate the expensive cost of meat in your grocery budget. First, it needs a little work. I roasted the chicken for our weekend dinner, and I always butterfly it because it cooks faster that way. I'm not going to sugarcoat it--butterflying a chicken is kind of gross. Really gross, actually. But if you can overcome your squeamishness, it cooks great. There are a lot of great tutorials for doing this on YouTube, but here is how I did it.  Step 1: Remove the giblets (the heart, neck, and gizzard). This is disgusting because you must reach into a dead animal and pull out its organs. But once they are out, you can throw them away, ...

Zumba Night!

Okay, so, I haven't updated my blog about my weight loss every Tuesday night like I planned. But I am proud to report that not only have I continued to go to the gym at least thrice a week, I even convinced N to join it with me! The exercise thing is going a lot better. Today I even looked at myself in the mirror while I was zumba-ing! I don't think that I will ever be the kind of person who loves, loves, loves going to the gym, it does feel kind of good, kind of virtuous to get all sweaty and be able to tweet, "I am at the gym doing zumba!" For those of you who don't know, Zumba is the new fitness craze. I guess if you were to totally simplify things you would call it a type of aerobic class, but it is really so non-aerobic-y. There is not a lot of pumping, or jumping. It is 100% dancing. A little bit of salsa, a little bit of hip-hop, and tonight, even a little bit of ballet. It gets the heart rate waaaay up, and I always end up drenched in sweat, and best of ...

Drugstore Diva: What My Face is Wearing These Days plus my First Ever Giveaway!

First, My BB Cream Story. I am not sure if you are aware, but there is a new beauty product flooding the market right now. It is called BB Cream, and no, I do not have any idea what the Bs stand for. It is a cross between foundation and moisturizer--one step up from tinted lotion and one step below actual makeup. In short, this is a product tailor made for people with sensitive skin, a lax beauty routine, or both. I decided to try it immediately upon discovering that such a product existed, but decided that I did not want to spend a lot of money. So I picked up the L'Oreal BB Cream. L'Oreal makeup has rarely disappointed me. It is usually my favorite drugstore brand, but this time, they really let me down. The cream was not very creamy at all. It came out of the tube as a white liquid, requiring me to rub it between my fingers for application. This got more product on my fingers than my face. Once applied, it became almost powdery, leaving me feeling less than moisturized, and...